Afidium Carbon Impact Calculator: Before, During and After!
If there is one subject that is currently driving discussions in the travel industry, it is the carbon impact of air travel. And, contrary to what some calculators tell us, not all Paris-NYC flights have the same carbon impact!
Afidium has developed a solution to measure the carbon impact as close as possible to reality, so that we can highlight the most environmentally-friendly journeys and enable travelers to make an informed choice based on more than just price.
Afidium Carbon Impact Calculator: How does it work?
Unlike institutional calculators that lump all flights between two geographical points together, Afidium’s Carbon Impact Calculator takes more data into account, including::
– The distance travelled
– The type of aircraft used and its average fuel consumption
– The number of seats per cabin,
– The average load factor
– The freight/passenger distribution on the route in question
We use this data to calculate a carbon impact rate per passenger, which is displayed in some of our solutions..
Afidium Carbon Impact Calculator: 3 use cases for using the data.
- Pre-sales :
- Our flight engine, IaQoBo, displays the carbon impact of each flight proposal. This enables travellers to quickly identify the least carbon-intensive route/airline combination.
- During the life of the booking file:
- In Sasha, our booking file management system, the data is stored and recalculated if the itinerary changes..
- Post-trip :
- Still in Sasha, a “Carbon Impact” file can be extracted in CSV format, for simple use, such as the rapid creation of the report to establish your carbon offset.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Review Afidium Carbon Impact Calculator
“Being able to calculate the carbon footprint of our flights is crucial, not only because it’s necessary to support our clients’ CSR initiatives as Tour Operators, but also to provide travelers with an estimation of the carbon impact generated by their entire vacation, including flights.Then, once the carbon impact is known, our Tour Operator clients have a basis for measuring and implementing strategies to reduce the carbon footprint of their trips. Afidium’s carbon impact calculator allows us to achieve this double objective.
The selection of air travel options is now made, not only with quality and price indicators, but also with a carbon footprint indicator.”
You would like to know more about this tool?